The feast of Blessed Iwene Tansi

Today is the feast of Blessed Iwene Tansi. The first time I experienced a miracle was through a prayer pamphlet with a tiny cutout of Father Tansi's cloth taped to the back. You see, my mom had this problem with bleeding heavily through the nose anytime she goes through a bout of common cold. I remember I was about ten years old and the sight of my mother sneezing and trying to control the blood coming from her nose really bothered me. She had talked to some doctors at her hospital and all they could offer her were palliatives.

Then someone gave her some Father Tansi pamphlets which she never really paid much attention to. She just dropped them inside a little Hausa basket by her bedside, which we all called Adudu (I guess that's the Hausa name). I remember that I would pick up the pamphlets, read them and then casually toss them back into the Adudu. Then one day after another episode of her "common cold bleeding", my mom picked up one of the pamphlets, said the prayers at the back and following the instruction on the pamphlet, placed the back of the pamphlet which had a cutout of Father Tansi's cloth on her nose. A month or two later, she realised that she had not had any bleeding since she used the pamphlet. She was still not sure about what had happened to her, but she told my father about it and they both decided to wait and see. So while they were "waiting and seeing", they were hit with the second miracle.

My dad had this problem with an abscess that comes at a particular time every year. As fate would have it, it was time for his annual abscess attack. Just like my mom, he picked the pamphlet, said the prayers at the back and placed it on the abscess. That was the last time he ever had an abscess.

I know you'll be wondering what we did with the pamphlets after noticing the miracles. Yes, they "disappeared". We never saw them again. We searched for them all over the house. No luck. My parents were not the only ones who were healed through Iwene Tansi's intercession. There are similar stories from people all over the world.

Blessed Iwene Tansi; Pray for us.

Comments